You will need:
- Colored Chalk (we used sidewalk chalk, but colored chalkboard chalk is great too)
- Hair Spray
- Hair Dryer
- Spray bottle filled with water (recommended but not necessary)
1.Start off with lightly damp hair. (Mac's hair was dry, so we misted it with a spray bottle filled with water.)
2. Using the long side, rub the chalk over the damp hair until you are satisfied with the color saturation. (More than one coat may be needed, depending on the color.)
3. Spray an even coat of hair spray over the damp, colored hair.
4. Gently dry with a hair dryer.
That's it! Unbelievably easy. The color lasted on Mac's hair the entire day, as long as he didn't touch it. However, it is chalk, so a small amount of flaking is possible. Either way, it was pretty awesome for about 5 minutes of extra work. I was definitely satisfied. :)
This would have been awesome to do for April Fools! I should have thought of that sooner. Darn it! Next year...