- 9 slate tiles 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
- 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 x 1 1/2 board (we used a 2x12x8 ft board. planks are always 1/2 inch smaller than advertised)
- liquid nails (we used Loctite Pro Line)
- dark walnut wood stain
- sand paper
- 1 sheet of adhesive vinyl
- white acrylic paint
- craft sponge brush
- this Silhouette file (optional)
Here's how to make this Tic Tac Toe Board:
Use the sandpaper to smooth down all the corners, and any rough spots.
Seal the wood using the wood stain. Be sure to follow the directions on the wood stain and allow for the proper drying time.
Use the Silhoutte to cut out this file onto adhesive vinyl to create a stencil. (If you don't have a Silhoutte, then skip this step or decorate the sides in your own way.)
Place each stencil on the sides of the board. Paint each side using the craft sponge brush. Gently peel the stencil off the wood.
Once the paint has dried, arrange the tiles until you are satisfied. Glue one tile on at a time, making sure to place each tile in the exact position as previously arranged. Allow to dry over night before use.