- 5 cups country style hash browns, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 6 slices uncooked Canadian-style bacon, quartered
- 1 cup of 2% shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 sliced plum tomatoes, seeded
Spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray. Distribute potatoes evenly in the bottom of each tin (start with 1/4 cup per tin). Top with a quarter-slice of bacon, 1 heaping teaspoon of ricotta cheese mixture, 2 tablespoons of spinach, a table spoon of cheddar cheese, another bacon quarter, and another heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle tops with a few remaining shreds of cheese and 2 tablespoons of the seeded, sliced tomatoes.
Bake muffins until fully set and ricotta is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Cool in muffin tins for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing. Makes 12 muffins.
Serve, eat, and enjoy the silence while your family consumes this tasty meal.
Can't get enough hash browns? Try these Baked Hash Brown Patties too!
I came across this recipe at Shrinking on a Budget. If you haven't checked out this site, I highly recommend it.