|My mom thinks I'm morbid for making this picture|
You know you're a mom of little ones when:
1. You are at a doctor's appointment, and start to roll up your the leg of your pants only to find tiny little Cheetos fingerprints around the knee area. You and the doctor have seen them, and then you have to explain, "I'm a mom."
2. You have at least 3 toys in your purse or diaper bag at all times.
3. You always carry snacks in your purse or diaper bag.
4. When everyone actually likes dinner and eats it promptly without complaining, you consider it a major victory.
5. You LOVE being able to run errands by yourself and insist on only carrying your keys, a small wallet, and your cell phone instead the giant mom purse or diaper bag that you normally have.
6. You find small chalk hand prints on one of your cars.
7. Eating by yourself and taking an uninterrupted shower is a luxury.
8. If you keep a small potty in the car, because you never know when your toddler might announce the need to use the bathroom and pulling over for a potty break is so much better than washing the car seat cover.
9. You put on a sweater that you thought was clean only to find a small sections of dried food on the sleeve left by your toddler. Instead of taking it off, you say, "Oh well. I'm a mom. This is expected. I'll look like this by the end of the day anyway." And then you wear it.
|The time he tried to change the Scentsy warmer in the bathroom. Not blood, just wax. No burns. Just a big mess to clean up. A big mess that he was required to clean up.|
10. Regardless of how often you clean out your car, it never seems to stay clean. There will always be a collection of cracker crumbs, empty juice boxes, random toy parts, and fingerprints on the windows.
11. Making dinner without any interruptions or meltdowns from your children is a major victory.
12. When you get home at the end of the day only to realize that you have been sporting a collection of stickers on your shirt, placed by your toddler when you weren't paying attention.
13. When you find your cell phone in the toy box, but not because you put it there.
|While I was busy, Cheese found a way to entertain himself|
15. "Sleeping in" is when you don't have to get up until 7 AM.
16. When your kids' toys always seem to end up in your own bedroom instead of theirs, regardless of how often you make them put them away.
17. If at least one of your kids has dropped your cell phone into the sink, tub, or toilet full of water.
18. You have a mountain of clean and unfolded laundry piled somewhere inside your house, that rarely disappears. AND your family is so accustomed to sifting through the pile for their clothes that when you actually manage to fold ALL the laundry and put it away, replace it with a pile of dirty clothes to be washed, and your kids STILL go to the pile for clothes instead of checking their drawers.
Can you relate? Please, feel free to add to the list!
By the way, I pulled all of these photos from my Instagram account. Check it out for a regular dose the mom humor and shenanigans. ;)