Things I don't recommend that you do:
- Sleep in so long that you feel tired for the rest of the day. I know it sounds tempting, but trust me. It's a bad idea.
- Allow your child who still takes naps to skip their nap. Every once in a while I succumb to peer pressure and allow my child to skip his nap. This is NEVER a good idea. NEVER. I let him skip it yesterday and by the end of the day he was bananas! And drove me bananas. Fortunately I called my parents and ditched him with them. Ha ha.
- Binging on sugar. Massive crash. Blahhh.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Procrastinate on updating and/or balancing your checkbook for 5 months. This is bad. bad. Bad. BAD.
- Allowing your potty-trained toddler to take himself to the bathroom and then avoid checking on him for 5 silent minutes. You never know what they will come up with to do in there. (unroll all the toilet paper, play with the toilet brush wand, rub lotion all over their shirt, and pee all over a 2 foot area.)
- Saying words you don't want your toddler to repeat - even words that aren't bad. Example - "Oh crappy, Crappy, CRAP!" Yes I actually said that. (leave me alone). You never know when those words will sneak out of their mouth.
- Getting a mullet...not that I have, because I haven't. But I'm just saying that you shouldn't.
- Food battles with your toddler...AHHHHHHH!!!
Things that I think you should do:
- Make a nose out of Play-doh and stick on your child. It's awesome
- Sit your toddler on the driveway with their car seat and tell your parents to come and pick him up...wait...that sounded mean. I didn't mean it like that. I meant it in a fun way...Are you confused? Oh well.
- Soak in the bathtub. Because it's awesome.
Feel free to contribute to either list.