Lessons Learned in 2007about life:
- Forgiveness takes a lot of work
- consider the source of the criticism before you take it to heart
- God does not do things to us out of spite.
- Ultimately God's opinion of me matters far more than others.
- Move on from past hurts. Dwelling on them keeps you in the past and hinders growth.
- You can only spend so much time worrying about others before it leads to stress. Pray is far more effective.
- God's timing in perfect.
- admit when you are wrong
- an apology can go a long way towards a good relationship
- sometimes it doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong, the important thing is to move on.
- forgive your spouse
- when you keep God first in your relationship, everything else falls into place
- friendship and communication (and God of course) keep a relationship strong
- dedication to working through conflict only makes you stronger.
Some of these lessons I have learned, I am still in the process of putting them into practice.
Moving time is almost here. Close to half of the house is packed. We have a moving truck reserved, and this weekend starts the moving process. I am excited, nervous, anxious, and scared all at the same time. I can't believe how limited the time we have here is.